Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Raleigh where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Raleigh gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
We should point out that we will also be mentioning the best Durham and Cary gyms throughout the post. You can look through our other local fitness guides for cities around the area right here.
Best Gyms In Raleigh
You should be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Raleigh:
- Fitness Connection at 4120 Main At North Hills St
- O2 Fitness at 8111 Creedmoor Rd
- A.E. Finley YMCA at 9216 Baileywick Rd
- Planet Fitness at 404 East Six Forks Rd
- Life Time Athletic at 8515 Falls Of Neuse Rd
- Orangetheory Fitnes at 6625 Falls Of Neuse Rd #107
- Triangle Rock Club at 6022 Duraleigh Rd
- Fitness Connection at 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham
- Fitness World at 105 W NC Hwy 54 #271, Durham
- Life Time Fitness at 1700 Regency Pkwy, Cary
- Taylor Family YMCA at 101 YMCA Dr, Cary
Anyone searching for a swimming pool and basketball court should go to Fitness Connection, the YMCA’s, Life Time Fitness or Life Time Athletic.
Group zumba or aerobic dance classes are available at Fitness Connection, O2 Fitness, A.E. Finley YMCA, Life Time Athletic, and Fitness World. The YMCA’s, Life Time Athletic, and Life Time Fitness can provide childcare while you workout.
Fight Flow Academy from our upcoming boxing and MMA list is a 24 hour gym near you for those who need access all night and day. Triangle Rock Club is the best indoor rock climbing gym that we know of in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire and we can recommend Cyclebar at 8741 Brier Creek Pkwy.
Fitness Connection, O2 Fitness, A.E. Finley YMCA, Fitness World, and Life Time Fitness also will have group spinning classes available to their members.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Krav Maga at 731 W Hargett St
- Pendergrass Academy of Martial Arts at 2921 Wakefield Crossing Dr #100
- Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy at 5243 Capital Blvd
- Gracie Raleigh at 410 W Davie St
- Fight Flow Academy at 900 E Six Forks Rd
- Title Boxing Club at 2046 Renaissance Park Place, Cary
If getting a sweat in is your only concern then the cardio boxing classes at Fitness Connection, O2 Fitness, A.E. Finley YMCA, and Life Time Athletic will be more than enough for you.
Remember we mentioned earlier that Fight Flow Academy is a 24 hour gym if you like to work out at odd hours.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Raleigh
We certainly can’t leave off the best yoga or pilates studios in your area:
- Open Door Yoga at 745 W Johnson St
- 110 Hot Yoga at 444 S Blount St #110
- Indigo Hot Yoga Center at 1028 Oberlin Rd #244
- Arrichion Hot Yoga at 8606 Jersey Ct
- Blue Lotus at 401 N West St #105
- YoBa Studio at 5003 Falls Of Neuse Rd #G
- Club Pilates at 9414 Falls Of Neuse Rd
More yoga and pilates classes can be taken at Fitness Connection, O2 Fitness, A.E. Finley YMCA, or Fitness World. There are yoga lessons at A.E. Finley YMCA as well.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
You may also want to check out the bootcamps at the E. Finley YMCA or Life Time Athletic.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is another good way to get in shape quick:
- Barre3 at 509 West Whitaker Mill Rd
- Pure Barre at 4209 Lassiter Mill Rd #134
- Barre-Up at 4224 Beryl Rd #A
- Pure Barre at 1412 Village Market Pl, Cary
PBX Pilates Barre Extreme from our yoga list also has popular barre classes. Plus some of the best gyms near you do as well like O2 Fitness, A.E. Finley YMCA, and Fitness World.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Lake Crabtree County Park
- Eno River State Park
- Raven Rock State Park
- Falls Lake State Recreation Area
- Jordan Lake
- Dorothea Dix Park
- Lake Johnson Park
- Walnut Creek Wetland Park
- William B. Umstead State Park
- American Tobacco Trail
- Duke Gardens
- Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve
- Lake Crabtree County Park
- Falls Lake State Park
- Swift Creek Bluffs Nature Preserve
- Harris Lake County Park
- JC Raulston Arboretum
- Historic Yates Mill County Park
- William B. Umstead State Park
- Neuse River Greenway Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Raleigh
These Raleigh sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Johnson-Lambe Co at 412-001 Woodburn Rd
- Great Outdoor Provision at 2017 Cameron St Cameron Village
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3630 Sumner Blvd
- Fleet Feet at 3532 Wade Ave
- Lululemon Athletica at 4421 Six Forks Rd #113
- Rei at 6911 Fayetteville Rd #109, Durham
- Rei at 1751 Walnut St, Cary
- Bass Pro Shops at 801 Bass Pro Ln, Cary
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The list we just shared is also likely to have some but you can buy more local home gym equipment at:
- US Fitness & Exercise Equipment at 3050 Wake Forest Rd
- ABC Fitness Products at 8541 Glenwood Ave
- Prosource Fitness Equipment at 6503 Hilburn Dr
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Home Gyms & Fitness Clubs in Charlotte
- Home Gyms & Fitness Clubs in Winston-Salem
- Home Gyms & Fitness Clubs in Asheville
- Home Gyms & Fitness Clubs in Columbia
Enjoy Working Out At Raleigh Gyms
You just learned about a lot of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and your confidence should be sky high. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Raleigh or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.