Last updated on April 14th, 2021
Thanks for checking out our post on the best gyms in Dayton and everything you need to know about working out around the area. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about fitness in your area.
The best gyms near you will be the starting point but there is still plenty more to come once they are out of the way. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been discussed in full detail we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Dayton. Other subjects on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide as well.
Some of you may also have an interest in the top outdoor recreation areas in the region so you can get some sun while you work out. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Dayton.
You can look through more of our guides for cities across the Midwest there.
Best Gyms In Dayton
Here is our list of the best gyms in Dayton for working out:
- Greater Dayton Recreation Center at 2021 W Third St
- Fitworks at 4464 Indian Ripple Rd
- Downtown Branch YMCA at 316 N Wilkinson St
- Planet Fitness at 4888 Airway Rd
- Snap Fitness at 312 N Patterson Blvd
- Urban Krag at 125 Clay St
- Everybody Fitness at 3070 Woodman Dr, Kettering
- South YMCA at 4545 Marshall Rd, Kettering
- LA Fitness at 4494 Walnut St, Beavercreek
Snap Fitness and Everybody Fitness are 24 hour gyms in Dayton. If you would like both a pool and a basketball court you can find them at the Greater Rec Center and both YMCA’s. Everybody Fitness does have a pool.
You can go to zumba or cardio dance classes at The YMCA’s and Everybody Fitness. If you have kids and need a gym with childcare you can go to The YMCA’s or Everybody Fitness.
Urban Krag is a nice indoor rock climbing gym near you.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near here and some of the best are:
The YMCA’s also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Tama Family Martial Arts at 1753 Woodman Dr
- Tenbears Martial Arts Academy at 2810 Wayne Ave
- Title Boxing Club at 2120 E Dorothy Ln, Kettering
- Dayton MMA Academy at 3329 Seajay Dr, Beavercreek
- Mpower Gym at 270 N Dixie Dr, Vandalia
The above are best for those who really want to learn boxing or MMA techniques. You can also find cardio boxing or MMA group classes at The YMCA’s.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Dayton
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Dayton like:
- Day Yoga Studio at 1100 Brown St
- Speakeasy Yoga at 510 East 3rd St
- Ignite Yoga at 65B West Franklin St
- Om Yoga Studio at 1836 Pershing Blvd
- Hot Yoga & Wellness Center at 576 Miamisburg Centerville Rd
- My Pilates Studio at 8100 Miller Farm Ln
- Club Pilates at 175 E. Alexandersville-Bellbrook Rd #202
The YMCA’s and Everybody Fitness from our main best Dayton gyms list have both pilates and Yoga. We can’t be sure whether you want to find vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the links to those studios and find the right one for your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 2340 Grange Hall Rd
- Fit Chicks Boot Camp at 10561 Success Ln #1
- Burn Boot Camp at 1547 Lyons Rd, Centerville
- Kettering Fit Body Boot Camp at 4701 Presidential Way, Kettering
The YMCA’s and Everybody Fitness also offer workout bootcamps.
Pure Barre located at 62 W Franklin St is a great place to go to enjoy this exercise that is really growing in popularity.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Mikes Bike Park
- Mad River Trail
- Five Rivers MetroParks
- Great Miami Riverway
- Twin Creek Metropark
- Riverscape Metropark
- Arthur O. Fisher Park
- Serene Lakes
- Belmont Park
- Eastwood MetroPark
- Huffman Metropark
- Englewood Metropark
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Buckeye Trail
- Ohio’s Millennium Legacy Trail
- Great Miami River Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Dayton
The best sporting goods stores in Dayton for when you need to buy some new gear are:
- Up and Running In Dayton at 6123 Far Hills Ave
- Tuffy Brooks Sporting Goods at 101 S Keowee St
- Whitewater Warehouse at 104 Valley St
- Fisherman’s Headquarters at 142 S Keowee St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 2700 Miamisburg Centerville Rd #388
- K & G Bike Center at 4090 Marshall Rd., Kettering
- Kettering Bike Shop at 3120 Wilmington Pike, Kettering
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 2727 Fairfield Commons Unit 6, Beavercreek
- Cabela’s at 5500 Cornerstone North Blvd, Centerville
- Play It Again Sports at Cross Pointe Shopping Center 101 E Alex Bell Rd, Centerville
Play It Again Sports is where to go to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you. The Dick’s Sporting Goods near you are your typical big box retailer that should have a wide variety of products.
Cabela’s, Whitewater, and Fisherman’s will be more focused on outdoor sporting goods.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- G&G Fitness Equipment at 641 Miamisburg Centerville Rd
- Tiger Joe’s Fitness Equipment at 8918 Kingsridge Dr
Some of you may want to know that we have also written about:
- The Best Gyms in Cincinnati
- The Best Gyms in Columbus
- The Best Gyms in Indianapolis
- The Best Gyms in Louisville
If you were curious about what things are like in some other major cities that aren’t too far away.
Enjoy Working Out At Dayton Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be higher than ever before. Please use the comments to tell us about your own local fitness tips or correct anything we may have gotten wrong.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Dayton or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.