Over the next few minutes you will be going on a deep dive into the best gyms in Huntsville and everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. It won’t take us long cover the full spectrum for you.
The best gyms in Huntsville will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find in your area.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as the post goes along.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your local area.
Don’t leave before you see our area map towards the end that has all of these spots pinned, and you are also welcome to check out our other posts on getting in shape around the Southeast at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Huntsville
Here is our list of the best gyms in Huntsville for working out:
- Powerhouse Fitness at 5900 University Dr B
- Regymen Fitness at 2319 Memorial Pkwy SW #105
- 24e Health Club at 6125 University Dr #DC1
- Squad Fitness at 3054 Leeman Ferry Rd SW #I
- 24/7 Health Club & Wellness Center at 3490 Harris Hill Blvd NE
- University Fitness Center at 500 John Wright Dr NW
- Pagano Gym at 5298 Redstone Arsenal
- Southeast Family YMCA at 1000 Weatherly Rd SE
- Monrovia Community Center at254 Allen Drake Dr
- Orangetheory Fitness at 930 Bob Wallace Ave SW #229
- Planet Fitness at 1001 Memorial Pkwy NW
- Workout Anytime at 4925 University Dr NW #146
- High Point Climbing & Fitness at 1020 Nunnahsae N Park Dr NW
Regymen Fitness is known to have good boxing classes while 24e Health Club also provides yoga classes, indoor cycling classes, and childcare. 24/7 Health Club & Wellness Center is a good 24 hour gym near you that also offers childcare.
The University Fitness Center has three indoor basketball courts, a track, and a pool. Their basketball courts can also be used for volleyball, table tennis, and badminton.
An indoor basketball court as well as three racquetball courts can be found at Pagano Gym. Among the facilities at Southeast Family YMCA are basketball courts, pickleball and racquetball courts, swimming pool, martial arts program, sports camps, and t-ball as well as childcare and after-school programs.
There is an upstairs walking track at the Monrovia Community Center as well as two basketball or volleyball courts, four new pickleball courts, and a community meeting room. High Point Climbing & Fitness provides rock climbing, yoga classes, and other fitness classes.
24e Health Club, 24/7 Health Club & Wellness Center, Planet Fitness, and Workout Anytime are all good 24 hour gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you can be found at:
You can also try out the group spinning classes at 24e Health Club.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Huntsville are:
- Rocket City Rocks Boxing Gym at 3306 Governors Dr SW
- Maverick Training Center at 105 Washington St SE #210
- Claymore Fighting & Fitness at 7540 Memorial Pkwy SW S C
- Tiger-Rock Martial Arts at 2124 Cecil Ashburn Dr SE #109
- Burwell’s Martial Arts at 1407 N Memorial Pkwy #16a
Boxing classes also available at Regymen Fitness while there are martial arts programs at Southeast Family YMCA.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Huntsville
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Light On Yoga Fitness at 601 Humes Ave NE
- Hot Yoga of Huntsville at 326 Sutton Rd Owens Cross Roads
- The Fitzgerald Pilates at 407 St Clair Ave SW
- Core Reaction Pilates at 7540 Memorial Pkwy SW #v
Other places we have listed that also have yoga classes include High Point Climbing & Fitness and 24e Health Club. If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you.
As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
As the name suggests Huntsville Adventure Boot Camp For Women at 109 Weatherly Road SE is only for women, however anyone is welcome to try out the local workout bootcamps at Orangetheory Fitness.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
There are more barre classes in your area at Core Reaction Pilates and The Fitzgerald Pilates.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Huntsville are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Aldridge Creek Greenway
- Brahan Springs Park
- Monte Sano Montain State Park
- Big Spring Park
- Ditto Landing
- Madison County Nature Trail
- Indian Creek Greenway
- Land Trust Trail
- Big Cove Creek Greenway
- Tennessee River
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center Trails
- Wade Mountain Nature Preserve
- Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve
- Redstone Arsenal Trails
- Hays Nature Preserve
- Green Mountain Nature Preserve
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Huntsville
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Huntsville are:
- Winning Edge Sporting Goods at 7540 Memorial Pkwy SW #a
- 1st Place Athletics at 820 Regal Dr SW
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 6890-A Governor’s Dr W
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 2900 Memorial Pkwy SW
- Mountain High Outfitters at 325 The Bridge St
1st Place Athletics is a retail athletics store specializing in running, walking, swimming, triathlon and general fitness.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you will find a wider selection at Huntsville Fitness Equipment-Sales & Service at 7540 Memorial Parkway SW #D. You can also buy home gyms and fitness equipment at the Dick’s Sporting Goods near you.
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Huntsville Gyms
For now that is all that we have to share with you but we will try to update our lists as often as possible. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Huntsville or working out in whichever way you prefer.