Last updated on June 16th, 2021
Welcome to our guide for the best gyms in Colorado Springs plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a better way to start off then by discussing the best Colorado Springs gyms. Once they are out of the way we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best local stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
The Midwest is an area that we have written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In Colorado Springs
When you want a great workout head to one of these best gyms in Colorado Springs:
- VillaSport Athletic Club & Spa at 5904 Prairie Schooner Dr
- Accolade Fitness at 4390 Arrowswest Dr
- Life Time Fitness at 4410 Royal Pine Dr
- Vasa Fitness at 455 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd
- 24 Hour Fitness at 3650 Austin Bluff Pkwy
- Planet Fitness at 4316 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
- Cityrock at 21 N Nevada Ave
- Springs Climbing Center at 4642 Northpark Dr
- Fountain Valley YMCA at 301 E Iowa St, Fountain
- Anytime Fitness at 6436 S Hwy 85/87 #F, Fountain
- McKibben Gym at 1160 Barkeley Ave, Fort Carson
For 24 hour gym access you can sign up to 24 Hour Fitness or Anytime Fitness. Those who would like both a pool and basketball court will find them at VillaSport Athletic Club, Life Time Fitness, Vasa Fitness, and the YMCA.
Group zumba and aerobic dance classes are available at VillaSport, Accolade Fitness, Life Time Fitness, Vasa Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Fountain Valley YMCA, and McKibben Gym. The YMCA also offers childcare while you workout.
Cityrock and Springs Climbing Center would be the best indoor rock climbing gyms in the area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
These indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a great way to get more cardio:
- Cycology Studio at 117 E Bijou St
- Rush Cycle at 162 Tracker Dr #120
- Cyclebar at 13375 Voyager Pkwy #120
There are more group spinning classes at VillaSport Athletic Club, Life Time Fitness, Vasa Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Fountain Valley YMCA, and McKibben Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champion these boxing and MMA gyms may help lead you in the right direction:
- 9round at 4337 Centennial Blvd #101
- Old School Boxing Gym at 2112 E Platte Ave
- Ilovekickboxing at 750 W Garden of the Gods Rd
- Gracie Barra at 1360 N Academy Blvd
- Victory MMA at 254 S Academy Blvd
- Warrior Fitness Center at 3711 Drennan Rd
- Cies MMA at 4715 N Carefree Cir
VillaSport Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, Fountain Valley YMCA, and McKibben Gym also offer cardio boxing or fighting classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Colorado Springs
We bet many of you would enjoy these Colorado Springs yoga or pilates studios:
- Cambio Yoga at 3326 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
- Satya Yoga Studio at 1581 York Rd
- Hot On Yoga at 5740 North Carefree Circle, #260
- Pranava Yoga Center at 802 N Weber St
- CorePower Yoga at 623 N Nevada Ave
- Whole Living Pilates at 1750 Telstar Dr #120
- Flylife Fitness at 1743 Briargate Blvd
There are both yoga and pilates lessons at VillaSport Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, and Fountain Valley YMCA. Additionally there are more group yoga classes at Accolade Fitness, Life Time Fitness, and Springs Climbing Center so you have plenty of options.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you choose the right option for your own personal needs.
One of these workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you off the couch:
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 414 W Fillmore St
- D1 Training at 5815 Mark Dabling Blvd
- Burn Boot Camp at 2456 Montebello Square Dr
24 Hour Fitness and the Fountain Valley YMCA also have workout bootcamps.
You could also show a lot of gains by visiting these barre exercise studios:
- Pure Barre at 5262 N Nevada Ave #120
- Barre Forte at 115 N Tejon St #100
- Barre3 at 9697 Prominent Point
There are more group barre workout classes at VillaSport Athletic Club, Life Time Fitness, Vasa Fitness, and the Fountain Valley YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
There are so many options for where to go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Colorado Springs and some of the best outdoor recreation areas would be:
- Rocky Mountains
- Garden of the Gods Park
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park
- Arkansas River
- Pikes Peak
- North Cheyenne Cañon Park
- Red Rock Canyon
- Mueller State Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Mount Cutler
- Palmer Park
- Manitou Incline
- Bear Creek
- Helen Hunt Falls
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Colorado Springs
These sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Colorado Running at 5262 N Nevada Ave #140
- Big R Stores at 165 Fontaine Blvd
- Runners Roost at 121 N Tejon St
- Gearonimo Sports at 1401 S 8th St
- Mountain Equipment Recyclers at 1024 S Tejon St
- Mountain Chalet at 15 N Nevada Ave
- Angler’s Covey at 295 S 21st St
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 555 N Chelton Rd
- Bass Pro Shops at 13012 Bass Pro Dr
- Rei at 1376 E Woodmen Rd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3133 Cinema Pt
- Mobility Bikes at 5664 S Us Hwy, Fountain
Home Gym Equipment
Fitness Systems Inc at 5020 N Nevada Ave #150 is a good place to buy home gym equipment near you and there will be more at some of the above sporting goods stores.
You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Colorado Springs Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay up to date.
We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Colorado Springs or working out in whichever way you prefer.