This post on the best gyms in Bucharest will discuss everything you need to know about working out around the region. It won’t take us long at all to cover the important things about fitness here.
The best gyms near you will be where we begin but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will be getting into the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Once they are out of the way we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Bucharest. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in our local fitness guide.
The top outdoor recreation areas in the region can be good places to get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so we will tell you about them as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Bucharest.
You can read more of our posts on gyms around Europe here.
Best Gyms In Bucharest
This would be our list of the best gyms in Bucharest for working out:
- Pescariu Sports & Spa at Strada Glodeni 1-3
- Viva Sport Club at Șoseaua Olteniței 103
- World Class at Calea Victoriei 63-81
- Stay Fit Gym at Blvd. Chisinau Nr. 1
- Best Fitness Gym at Strada Valea Oltului 199-201
- Exclusive Fitness at Strada Brânduşelor 2
- Sas Gym at Strada Traian Popovici 79-91
- Carpatic Climbing Gym at Splaiul Independenței nr. 319A
The top three on the list have pools if swimming is important to you. Pescariu even has a tennis court, and if you want to do some indoor climbing head to Carpatic Climbing Gym.
In fact Carpatic has one of the oldest indoor climbing walls in Romania. If you need a local 24 hour gym in Bucharest try out Sas Gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you and some of the best can be found at Viva Sport Club, World Class, Stay Fit Gym, and Exclusive Fitness from the main best Bucharest gyms list.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area are:
- Box Club Mircea at Strada Valerian Prescurea 26Ax
- Absoluto Unirii at Splaiul Unirii 162
- Clubul Sportiv Agon at Calea Crângași nr. 87
- Tedi Combat Team at Strada Gheorghe Condurache 18
- Bombers Fighting Center at Drumul Timonierului 26
Tedi Combat Team specializes in Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, and other types of mixed martial arts.
Boxers is where Romanian MMA fighters like Ion Pascu and Cristina Stanciu have trained.
Agon has MMA, Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing, Boxing, Karate and Self defense classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Bucharest
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Bucharest like:
- Purna Yoga at Strada Emanoil Porumbaru 23
- Yogalize at Strada Emanoil Porumbaru 32
- Hot Yoga Romania at Intrarea Școala Herăstrău 1B
- Pilatesfit at Strada Nicolae G. Caramfil 10
Hot Yoga Romania offers Bikram Yoga as well as Vinyasa Flow, hip openers, stretches for the spine and more.
Yogalize has great local classes for beginners as well as meditation classes. At Pilatesfit you can get reformer and mat Pilates plus personal training.
We are not aware of any workout bootcamps at this time. If you know of any then please let us know in the comments.
Barre exercises in your area are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
Beat45 has Barre, Rumble, and Reform classes in a nightclub inspired studio.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- The Cișmigiu Gardens
- King Michael I Park
- Carol Park
- Dambovicioara Cave
- Piatra Craiului National Park
- Ciucas Mountains
- Cozia National Park
- Herăstrău Park
The Ciucas Mountains are a great place to go for a hike, as is Piatra Craiuliui National Park. Herăstrău Park is a popular spot for local runners and bicyclers.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Bucharest
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Bucharest are:
- Sport Guru at Bulevardul Unirii 69
- Hervis Bukarest Vulcan Value Center at Strada Mihail Sebastian nr. 88
- H2o Shop at Calea Dorobanți 48
- Montrek Sport at Strada Doctor Dumitru Râureanu 8
- Decathlon at Bulevardul Iuliu Maniu 546-560
- Intersport at Bulevardul General Vasile Milea 4
- Nike Store at Vasile Milea Blvd 4
H2o Shop specializes in surfboards, snowboards, and all kinds of water or snow based sporting goods. Montrek and Intersport are great for the outdoors men reading this, and Decathlon has a wide variety of items.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
- Sportist at Calea Rahovei 325 Apartament 32 Bloc 13
By the way we have also discussed the gym and workout scene in:
Enjoy Working Out At Bucharest Gyms
So you just learned about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and your confidence should be sky high. Please use the comments to let us know if we have anything out of date or incorrect posted, thanks.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Bucharest or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.