Hello and welcome to our post on the best gyms in Belgrade and all the things you may want to know about working out around the region. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about fitness in your area.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
After we have discussed them in full detail we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Belgrade. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections of this local fitness guide.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And if you are still here after we get through all of that we will tell you where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Belgrade.
Be sure to read through some of our other fitness guides for European cities if you are a frequent traveler. We don’t want to waste your time rambling so let’s get this rolling.
Best Gyms In Belgrade
Here is our list of the best gyms in Belgrade for working out:
- Extreme Gym Fitness & Wellness Center at Venizelosova 21
- XL Fitness Factory at Osmana Đikića 1
- Sky Wellness at Tadeuša Košćuška 63
- Sports Akademija Kočović at Crnotravska 4
- Active Life Health Club at Trešnjinog cveta 1
- Athletic’s Gym at Nodilova 9
- Iron Republic Gym at Ugao Cvijićeve i Bulevara despota Stefana deo
Athletic’s Gym has won the Serbian Fitness Club of the Year Award multiple times over the past decade.They offer many group classes including Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, and more. Extreme Gym offers Crossfit, Yoga, Pilates, and Boxing Classes.
XL is a very modern gym with top of the line equipment that has special work out classes for women. None of the above are 24 hour gyms in Belgrade but both Sky Wellness and Active Life Health Club do, open up early at 6:30am and Extreme closes at 11pm.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Spin Masters located at Maksima Gorkog 5 is a great place to go for those who want to try some indoor cycling classes. Extreme Gym from the main list also has local spinning classes a few days a week.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area are:
- Vozdovac Fight Team at Braće Jerković 123d
- Kik boks klub Sindjelic at Ozrenska 39
- Boks Klub Gladijator at 17 11000, Obrenovački drum
- Gracie Barra BJJ Beograd at Bulevar vojvode Mišića 17
- Kimura Academy at 1 RS 11120 Branka Krsmanovića
XL Fitness Factory from the main best Belgrade gyms list also offers boxing classes, as does Extreme Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Belgrade
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Belgrade like:
- Ashtanga Yoga Belgrade at Dečanska 11
- Vidya Yoga at ojvode Dobrnjca 26
- Surya Yoga Studio at Loznička 11
- M Power Yoga at Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 143
- Feel Pilates Studio at Kneginje Zorke 35
- Pilates Beograd Studio 23 at Šumatovačka 3a
Extreme Fitness and Athletic’s Gym both also have pilates and yoga classes in your area a few days a week. There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after.
It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
Athletic’s Gym from the main list has a workout bootcamp you can try.
We are not aware of any local gyms that specialize in barre exercises in Serbia but if you know of any please tell us in the comments.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
The gym is certainly not the only place where you can get a workout in. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness around Serbia are:
- Kalemegdan Park
- Karađorđe’s Park
- Studentski Park
- Tašmajdan Park
- Ada Ciganlija
- Zemunski Kej
- Jura Avantura
- Avala Mountain
- Great War Island
- Danube River
Those who want to try skiing or other winter sports can do some on Avala Mountain. Ada Ciganlija has tennis and basketball courts and is a great place for jogging, kayaking, rowing and other water sports.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Belgrade
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Belgrade are:
- Sport Vision Banjica at Crnotravska 7-9
- Sport Depot at Karadjordjev trg br.3-5 Zemun
- Red Star Shop at Kralja Milana 23
- Markoni Sport at Omladinskih brigada 42
- Decathlon Beograd at Uralska 3
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Ring Sport at Cara Nikolaja II 36/1
- Endless Sport at Požeška 150a
- Prosport Srbija at Miloša Bandića 18
Just so you know we have also covered the workout scene in some cities outside of Serbia like:
Enjoy Working Out At Belgrade Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are always out there waiting for you to visit. By the way, if you notice anything out of date in this guide or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Belgrade or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.