The best gyms in Moscow will be covered in full detail for you today. Our main objective is to fill you in on the local fitness scene as well as we possibly can.
Jumping right into the best Moscow gyms seems wise since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they have been listed and discussed in full we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
On a sunny day you may prefer to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in this part of Russia that will be perfect for that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can read our other guides for cities around Europe if you want to compare the scene here to others.
Best Gyms In Moscow
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in Moscow:
- Vitasport at Zhivopisnaya Ulitsa, 21к2
- Mark Avreliy at Izmaylovskoye Shosse 71
- World Class at Smolenskaya Square 3
- X-Fit Altufyevo at Uglicheskaya St 13к1
- Lomov Gym at Avtozavodskaya Ulitsa 18
- Gold’s Gym at Leningradsky Ave 31
- Limestone at Lesnoryadskiy Pereulok 18 #6
Lomov is a good 24 hour gym near you for those who need access at odd hours. Vitasport, X-Fit and Gold’s Gym should have a pool for swimming laps available.
X-Fit also has group zumba classes. If you want to visit the best indoor rock climbing gym in town go to Limestone.
Any parents who need childcare while they work out can get it at Vitasport and Gold’s Gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
Vitasport from our initial best Moscow gyms list also have group spinning classes. No matter if you go there or one of these indoor cycling studios this is a great way to get your cardio.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- BOBO Boxing, CrossFit & TRX at Petrovka Ulitsa 24
- Boxing Club Moscow at Aptekarskiy Pereulok 3/22
- Eagles MMA at Kutuzovsky Ave 71
- Put’ Boksera at Krasnoproletarskaya Ulitsa 16 #2
- Shkola Silovogo Boksa at Ulitsa Parshina 4
- Zaleev Fight Team at 1-Ya Kvesisskaya Ulitsa #9
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Russia at Baykal’skaya Ulitsa 42/14к1
Not all of us are chasing Khabib and if all you want is to get a sweat in the boxing fitness classes at X-Fit Altufyevo and Gold’s Gym are also good.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Moscow
There are certainly many options but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Yoga Works at Arbat St 10
- Bikram Yoga at Ulitsa L’va Tolstogo 23/7 #3
- Dyshi at Ulitsa Fadeyeva 4а
- Prana Yoga at Dmitrovskoe Highway 9 Bldg. 2
- Yoga 108 at 6/12 Starosadsky Pereulok
- Nym Yoga & Spa at Plotnikov Ln 4/5
- Yoga-Studiya Material at Ulitsa Bol’shaya Dmitrovka 23
Additional yoga and pilates classes are available at Vitasport and X-Fit Altufyevo. The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer.
The above pilates and yoga studios should cover just about all of your needs.
When you want to get in shape quick the workout bootcamps at Reboot East Paveletskaya at Shlyuzovaya Naberezhnaya 4 m can definitely help you out.
We don’t know of any gyms with you that offer barre fitness classes or any barre exercise studios in town at the moment. If you do mention them in the comments, thanks.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Lavra Trail
- MGU Botanic Garden
- Prioksko-Terrasny Nature Reserve
- Aptekarsky Ogorod Botanical Garden
- Sokolniki Park
- Panda Park Fili
- Gorky Central Park
- Green Circle
- Moscow Canal
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Moscow
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Moscow sporting goods stores:
- RunLab at Goncharnaya Pr. 8/40
- Stride at Frunzenskaya Nab 32
- Kant at Elektrolitnyj proezd, Vlad. 7, #2
- Sportmaster at Smolenskaya Square 6, с#1
- Trial-Sport at ul. Malaja Filevskaja D 32
- Nike Store at Ulitsa Kuznetskiy Most 14
- Reebok at Leningradskoye Hwy 16A, #4
- Decathlon at Avtozavodskaya 18
Home Gym Equipment
Fitness Dom at Nakhimovsky Prospect 56 is a good place to buy home gym equipment near you. Of course there will be more home gym and fitness equipment at the sporting goods stores in the above list as well.
By the way we have also written about:
- Yoga, Boxing, & Gyms in Saint Petersburg
- Yoga, Boxing, & Gyms in Kiev
- Yoga, Boxing, & Gyms in Minsk
- Yoga, Boxing, & Gyms in Warsaw
Enjoy Working Out At Moscow Gyms
All of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are waiting for you to show up. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Moscow or working out in whichever way you prefer.