In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Sofia plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Sofia gyms seems like the most natural way for us to begin. Up next we will get into the best local studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will come after that.
It would be silly for us to forget about the best pilates and yoga studios near you so we won’t do that. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will have their own sections too.
When you want some cardio the gym isn’t your only option so we will discuss the top outdoor recreations areas around Bulgaria. To wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be listed.
This link is loaded with more of the best gyms in Europe if you were interested.
Best Gyms In Sofia
Here is our list of the best gyms in Sofia for working out:
- Pulse Fitness & Spa at Blvd. Bulgaria 132
- Jk Fitness & Wellness Complex at Manastirski Livadi Quarter, Bokar Building 33
- World Class Fitness & Spa at 38 Ralevitsa St.
- Silver City Sports Complex at ul. Emiliyan Stanev 2А
- Academica Gym at ul. Academic Rostislav Kaishev 1113
- Athletic Fitness at Blvd. Cherni Vrah 47
- The Red Gym at ul. Haydushka Gora 111
- Fit Factory 24/7 at ul. Rozhenski Prohod 6
- Walltopia Climbing Center at Blvd. V Tsarigradsko Shose 111
Anyone that is trying to find a 24 hour gym in Sofia can get it at Fit Factory 24/7. The top four on the above list should all have a pool if you want to swim laps or do other aqua aerobics.
For group zumba or cardio dance classes you can try out Pulse Fitness & Spa, Athletic Fitness, and The Red Gym. Walltopia is the top indoor climbing gym in the area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Fans of cardio will love these indoor cycling and spinning classes near you:
Those are the top local indoor cycling studios but you can also try the group spinning classes at Pulse Fitness & Spa, World Class Fitness & Spa, Silver City Sports Complex, or Red Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
When you hope to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms in your area like:
- Lonsdale Boxing Club Sofia at Blvd. Professor Tsvetan Lazarov 4
- Steel Style Boxing Gym at ul. Professor Hristo Vakarelski 1A
- ABC Fight Club at Blvd. Evlogi i Hristo Georgiev 38
- Open Mat BJJ at Blvd. Slivnitsa 245
- Twisted Jiu Jitsu at Blvd. Cherni Vrah 47
If all you are after is cardio then the boxing classes at Pulse Fitness & Spa, Jk Fitness & Wellness Complex, Athletic Fitness, and Red Gym should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Sofia
We bet many of you would enjoy these Sofia yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga Vibe Sofia at Rayko Alexiev Str 15
- Yoga District Mandala at Blvd. Knyaginya Maria Luiza 58
- Sattvica Iyengar Yoga Studio at ul. Professor Milko Bichev 3
- Santosha Yoga at ul. Georgi Benkovski 11
- Yoga Studio East at Blvd. Dragan Tsankov 36
- Pilatesatelier at ul. Tintyava 126
- Balance Line Pilates Studio at Blvd. Aleksandar Malinov 89
Group yoga and pilates classes can both be found at Pulse Fitness & Spa, Athletic Fitness, and Red Gym. World Class Fitness & Spa has yoga lessons, while pilates lessons can be found at Jk Fitness & Wellness.
There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
We are not aware of any workout bootcamps in Bulgaria at the moment, but if you know of any please tell us in the comments.
The same is unfortunately true for barre exercise studios or classes in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Sofia are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places around Bulgaria for outdoor recreation are:
- Vitosha Mountain
- Borisova Gradina Park
- Park Vrana
- Rila National Park
- Boyana Waterfall
- City Garden
- Crystal Garden
- Golden Bridges
- South Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Sofia
You can get all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- Sport Box at Blvd. Simeonovsko Shose 35
- Ballistic Sport Shop at ul. Professor Fridtjof Nansen 5
- Board Shop at ul. General Yosif V. Gourko 43
- Sport Vision Paradise at Blvd. Cherni Vrah #100 Paradise Center
Home Gym Equipment
Both of those good places to buy home gym equipment near you if the above sporting goods stores don’t have what you are after. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Sofia Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Sofia or working out in whichever way you prefer.