Hey there and welcome to our post on the best gyms in Antwerp and everything you need to know about working out near you. Within a few short minutes you will hopefully gain a much better understanding of the local fitness scene.
The best gyms in Antwerp will be how we kick this off, but after that we will still have plenty more to discuss. The best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling will have to get a shout out, as well as the best local boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After that we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on working out such as barre exercises and fitness bootcamps will get their own sections.
Some of the top outdoor recreation areas in town will be mentioned if you feel like getting some sun. And to wrap everything up we will tell you where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Antwerp.
If you are interested in learning more about gyms around Europe you can do so at that link.
Best Gyms In Antwerp
Here is our list of the best gyms in Antwerp for working out:
- David Lloyd Gym at Kattenbroek 3 Edegem
- Basic-Fit at Mechelsesteenweg 138
- Wezenbergfit at Desguinlei 17-19 Inkom Zwembad
- Jims Fitness at Mechelsesteenweg 279
- Crossfit Antwerpen at Lamorinièrestraat 161
- Sportclub Het Eiland at Zeevaartstraat 10
- Klimzaal Blok at IJskelderstraat 12/1
David Lloyd has tennis courts, a pool for swimming laps or relaxing, and they also offer childcare while you work out. Basic Fit has 3 locations for you to choose from around the metro area.
For an indoor climbing gym in Antwerp head to Klimzaal Blok.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
The Brick at Waalsekaai 57 offers popular spinning classes near you. David Lloyd and Jims Fitness also have group indoor cycling lessons.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Antwerp are:
- The Bulldogs at Bredabaan 210
- Perfect Team MMA at August van de Wielelei 95
- Martial Sports at Noorderlaan 76
- Tri-Force Belgium Exit at Balansstraat 125
Jims Fitness from the main best gyms near you list also has cardio mixed martial arts classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Antwerp
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you like:
- Bikram Yoga at Vorstermanstraat 7
- Antwerpyoga at 2018 Frankrijklei 107
- Studio Hida at Familiestraat 25
- True Pilates Studio at Aalmoezenierstraat 2 Hoek Nationalestraat
- Ananda Esoterisch Yogacentrum at Kemmelbergstraat 14
David Lloyd and Jims Fitness have group classes for yoga and pilates in your area as well. You will be able to learn vinyasa and ashtanga poses at Antwerpyoga or Studio Hida, as well as other varieties.
Ananda Esoterisch Yogacentrum even has tantric yoga.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in your area are:
Wezenbergfit from our initial best gyms near you list also has popular fitness bootcamps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them by visiting Vertical Barre at Madrasstraat 44.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned at the start Antwerp gyms are not the only places to work out. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Park Spoor Noord
- Botanische Tuin Antwerpen
- Antwerp City Park
- Scheldt River
- De Ruein
- Rivierenhof Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Antwerp
You may need to buy some equipment or apparel that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Antwerp would be:
- Bike Project at Lange Koepoortstraat 47
- De Kampeerder at Leopoldstraat 21
- Shop2Run at Kapelsesteenweg 247
- Jack Wolfskin Store at Wiegstraat 11
- A.S.Adventure at Oudaan 26
- Decathlon at Noorderlaan 53
- The North Face Store at Wiegstraat 19
- Nike Store at Meir 41
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely sell some home gym equipment in your area but you can also buy more at:
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Antwerp Gyms
Now that you have learned about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there are no more excuses. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Antwerp or working out in whichever way you prefer.