This post on the best gyms in Brussels will try to cover everything you need to know about working out around the area. Our goal is to break down the local fitness scene as quickly as we can.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but don’t worry there will still be plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best local boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they are out of the way we will get into the best Brussels yoga and pilates studios. Other things you might be interested in about working out near you will be covered in this fitness guide like bootcamps and barre exercises.
Outdoor recreation areas can be another fun place to work out. After all of that has been fully covered we will talk about buying sporting goods and home gym equipment in Brussels.
If you are interested you can read more of our Europe local gym guides at that link.
Best Gyms In Brussels
Here is our list of the best gyms in Brussels for working out:
- Aspria at Rue Sombre 56
- David Lloyd at Drève de Lorraine 41
- Stadium at Sippelberglaan 1
- World Class Fitness at Clos du Parnasse 10B
- Jims Fitness Evere at Chaussée de Haecht 1420
- Basic-Fit Schuman 24/7 at Av de Cortenbergh 29
- Terres Neuves at Rue Terre-Neuve 28
Aspria is almost like a country club as it has 7 tennis courts, 2 pools, and offers childcare. You can also get childcare and play tennis at David Lloyd.
Stadium has aqua aerobics, zumba classes, and indoor climbing. Terres Neuves is also an indoor climbing gym near you. Those who need a 24 hour gym in Brussels can go to Basic-Fit.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Animo Studios at Chaussée de Vleurgat 73 in Ixelled is where you can go for some serious local spinning classes. Many of the places from our main best gyms near you offer group indoor cycling like David Lloyd, Stadium, World Class Fitness, and Jims Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Shocx Sports Center MMA at Rue Reimond Stijns 99
- Jah Boxing Academy at Rue Roger van der Weyden 3
- Marvelous Marvin Boxing Club at Boulevard de la Cambre 27
- Champion’s Academy at Rue de l’Escaut 25
- Emergence Xl at Rue du Sceptre 13/19, Ixelles
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Brussels
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Brussels like:
- Sampoorna at Rue du Houblon 40
- Shanti Home at Rue Darwin 8
- Yoga Room at Avenue de Hinnisdael 12
- Yyoga at Quai au Bois à Brûler 39B
- Brussels Yoga Pilates at Rue du Fossé aux Loups 38
- The Yoga Loft at Place du Tomberg 18, Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
- Bodyfit Pilates at 11 Rue Gérard Etterbee
Many of the best Brussels gyms from our initial list also offer these. You can find hot yoga at David Lloyd, both yoga and pilates at Stadium, pilates and vinyasa at World Class Fitness, and Jims has a unique Body Balance class that combine yoga, tai chi, and pilates.
You can click the above links to see which local studios specialize in power, hot, bikram, vinyasa, hatha, ashtanga, and other popular poses and techniques.
The Brussels Bootcamp held at Parc Cinquantenaire mostly focuses on track and field.
We don’t know of any specific barre exercise studios near you. However Animo Studios and Bodyfit Pilates which we have linked you to earlier both have barre workout classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
One thing that you can rarely get when working out in the gym is some sun. Many people like to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice to switch it up and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Topiary Park
- Ravel (Réseau Autonome de Voies Lentes)
- TARPAN Network
- The Ambleve River
- The Ourthe River
- The Semois River
- The Lesse River
- Sonian Forest
- Botanic Garden Meise
The Ravel and TARPAN networks are both great for cycling or running.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Brussels
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Brussels are:
- Jogging Plus at Rue de Luxembourg 6
- Trakks Brussels at Chaussée Etterbeek 59
- Julian Sport at Chaussée de Gand 366
- Fresh at Rue du Midi 57 Zuidstraat 57
- Decathlon at Rue de Evêque 30
- Sportsdirect at City 2 – Rues des Cendres 16
- Nike at Rue Neuve 54
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Those sporting goods stores we just listed should have some options but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered the local work out scene in:
If you wanted to learn more about fitness in some other major cities around the area.
Enjoy Working Out At Brussels Gyms
Now that we have covered all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way please use the comments if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Brussels or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.