Thanks for joining us for this break down of the best gyms in Sydney. As this post goes on we will also be sharing as much as we know about the local fitness scene.
Starting off with the best Sydney gyms seems wise since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the city will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts about gyms around Australia if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Sydney
Here is our list of the best gyms in Sydney for working out:
- Virgin Active at MidCity Centre 2/197 Pitt Street Mall
- Anytime Fitness at 22 Pitt St
- FNF at 127 Liverpool St
- Plus Fitness 24/7 at 25 Market St
- Gold’s Gym at 7-9 West St
- Crossfit Athletic at 28 Margaret St
- City Gym at 107 Crown St, Darlinghurst
- Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym at 4C/1-7 Unwins Bridge Rd
Anytime Fitness, Plus Fitness, FNF, Gold’s Gym and City Gym are all 24 hour gyms near you. Virgin Active should have a for swimming laps.
Virgin Active, City Gym, and Plus Fitness have zumba or group aerobic dance classes. Any parents who need childcare while they work out can get it at Gold’s Gym.
You can probably figure this out by the name but to try crossfit in your area go to crossfit Athletic. And the Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym is one of the biggest indoor rock climbing gyms in Australia.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- Vicious Cycle at 27 Park St
- Upcycle at 30 Orwell St, Potts Point
- Cycology Club at 350 Bourke St, Surry Hills
Those cycling studios are really nice plus there are more group spinning classes at Virgin Active, Anytime Fitness, and Crossfit Athletic.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Ultimate Fitness Centre at 309 Kent St
- Hustle Boxing at 176 Victoria St, Potts Point
- Boxing Works at 83–97 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point
- Vault Boxing & Fitness at 26 Queen St, Chippendale
- Undercard at 82 Oxford St, Darlinghurst
- JNS Muay Thai Gym at 2/15 Stanley St, Peakhurst
- No Quarter Boxing & Martial Arts at 100 Botany Rd, Alexandria
- SRQ Thai Boxing Gym at 2/576 Botany Rd, Alexandria
For those who just want to get some cardio the boxing classes at some of the best gyms in Sydney like Virgin Active, Anytime Fitness, City Gym, Gold’s Gym, and Plus Fitness will get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Sydney
You won’t be lacking for options and in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios in your area would be:
- Now Yoga at 55 Mentmore Ave, Rosebery
- Bodymindlife at 1/84 Mary St
- Inyoga at 137 Devonshire St, Surry Hills
- Be One Yoga at 20 Hargrave St, Darlinghurst
- Humming Puppy at 146 Abercrombie St, Redfern
- Power Living Australia Yoga at 15 Sydney Rd, Manly
- Divine Flow Yoga at 22 William St, Brookvale
- One Hot Yoga at 34 Kellett St, Potts Point
- Bikram Yoga at 256 Crown St, Darlinghurst
- Studio Pilates International at Level 2/93 Bathurst St
Additional yoga and pilates classes are available at Virgin Active, City Gym, and Plus Fitness. There are more group yoga lessons at Anytime Fitness and FNF.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- The Outdoor Squad at Mallett St, Camperdown
- The Outdoor Squad at Redfern St, Redfern
- Barry’s Bootcamp at 66-72 Reservoir St, Surry Hills
- Kaizen Fitness at 11A Lachlan St, Waterloo
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
Virgin Active from our main best gyms near you list is another place to try barre fitness classes but the above studios are really nice.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Blue Mountains
- Darling Harbour
- Hyde Park
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Hyde Park
- Bondi Beach
- Royal National Park
- Milk Beach
- Barangaroo Reserve
- Coogee Beach
- Bronte Beach
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Sydney
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Sydney sporting goods stores:
- Rebel at 77 King St
- Mick Simmons at 253 Pitt S
- Kathmandu at 472 Kent St
- Nike at 319 George St
- JD Sports at Shop T4, 189 Sydney Arcade
Home Gym Equipment In Your Area
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Home Gym Equipment Sydney at 25 Allen St, Leichhardt
- Sam’s Fitness & Gym Equipment at 4 Hills St, Banksmeadow
- Fitbiz at 1/80 William St, Woolloomooloo
Use these links to read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Sydney Gyms
You should feel more prepared than ever before after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Sydney or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.