Welcome to our post on the best gyms in Gold Coast and everything you need to know about working out around the area. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about the local fitness scene.
We can’t think of a better way to start off then by discussing the best Gold Coast gyms. Once they are out of the way we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
We have written about Australia many times on our site.
Best Gyms In Gold Coast
Here is our list of the best gyms in Gold Coast for working out:
- Gold Coast Performance Centre at 1 Sports Dr
- EMF Fitness Centre Bundall at 6 Corporate Ct
- Fitness First at 2 Santa Maria Ct
- Empire Fitness Centre at 354 Brisbane Rd A
- World Gym Ashmore at 542 Olsen Avenue
- Snap Fitness 24/7 at 2160 Gold Coast Hwy
- Anytime Fitness at 2019 Gold Coast Hwy
- Paramount at 38 Hutchinson St
- Alpine Indoor Climbing at 86 Robina Town Centre Dr
Empire Fitness Centre, World Gym, Snap Fitness 24/7, and Anytime Fitness are all 24 hour gyms near you. Those who would like to swim laps or relax in a pool will need to go to Gold Coast Performance Centre or EMF Fitness Centre.
For group zumba and aerobic dance classes try out Fitness First, Fitness First, or Empire Fitness Centre. If you need a gym with childcare head to Gold Coast Performance Centre or Empire Fitness Centre.
Alpine is the best local indoor rock climbing gym in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Spin House at 2/11 Sunshine Parade would have gotten the nod for best indoor cycling studio in your area but we have heard it closed. For now you can try the group spinning classes at Gold Coast Performance Centre, EMF Fitness Centre, and Empire Fitness Centre.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champion these boxing and MMA gyms may help lead you in the right direction:
- Hybrid Mixed Martial Arts at 7/5 Windmill St
- Matrix Boxing Gym at 5/8 Green Glen Rd
- Matrix Gym at 247 Brisbane Rd
- Urban Muaythai at 2172 Gold Coast Hwy
- Boonchu International Muay Thai at 7/9 Kortum Dr
- Chubbys Champions Boxing Club at 70 Hardys Rd
- Five Rings Dojo at 26/12 Lawrence Dr
The above will be best if you want to improve your technical skills. If all you care about is the cardio then the group boxing classes at Gold Coast Performance Centre, EMF Fitness Centre, Fitness First, and World Gym will suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Gold Coast
We bet many of you would enjoy these Gold Coast yoga or pilates studios:
- The Gold Coast Yoga Centre at 37/2 Eighth Ave
- Essence of Living Yoga/Pilates at 9/2431 Gold Coast Hwy
- Shanti Yoga at 1/126 Scarborough St
- Miami Yoga Room at 1924 Gold Coast Hwy
- Ritual Yoga & Pilates at 9 Palm Beach Ave
- The Floating Lotus Studio at 69/502 Hope Island Rd
- Pilates & Co. at 75 W Burleigh Rd
- Studio Pilates International Palm Beach at 10 Fifth Ave
More yoga and pilates lessons are available at EMF Fitness Centre, Fitness First, Empire Fitness Centre, World Gym, and Snap Fitness 24/7. Plus there are group yoga classes at Alpine Indoor Climbing.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you choose the right option for your own personal needs.
Fitness Enhancement Personal Training at 20 Lawrence Dr is the closest thing to a dedicated workout bootcamp we know of in your area. Some of the best gyms near you like EMF Fitness Centre, Fitness First, and Empire Fitness Centre also have workout bootcamps.
You could also show a lot of gains by visiting Xtend Barre at 8/3 Park Avenue. EMF Fitness Centre, Fitness First, and Empire Fitness Centre also have barre workout classes. You can also find them at some of the local yoga studios like Floating Lotus, Essence of Living Yoga/Pilate, and Miami Yoga Room.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun and go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Gold Coast you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Lamington National Park
- The Hinterland
- Currumbin Valley’s Cougal Cascades
- Burleigh Hill
- Kirra Beach
- Froggies Beach
- Main Beach
- Surfers Paradise
- Kurrawa Beach
- Mermaid Beach
- Miami Beach
- Palm Beach
- Burleigh Heads National Park
- Mount Barney National Park
- David Fleay Wildlife Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Gold Coast
These sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Sportys Warehouse-Classic Ballsports at 32 Strathaird Rd
- Rebel Pacific Fair in Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
- Jd Sports at 1695B Hooker Blvd
- Rebel Robina at Robina Town Centre 500
- Whack Sports at 2/6 Ereton Dr
- Adidas Originals Store at 2774A Pacific Fair Hooker Blvd
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Keep Fit Hire at 75 Tradewinds Ave
- Southside Fitness at 15 Gateway Dr
- Gym and Fitness at 2 Activity Cres
- Verve Fitness at 4 Dalton St
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Brisbane Gyms & Yoga Studios
- Sydney Gyms & Yoga Studios
- Melbourne Gyms & Yoga Studios
- Perth Gyms & Yoga Studios
Enjoy Working Out At Gold Coast Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Gold Coast or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.