Thanks for joining us for this this discussion about the best gyms in Melbourne. Our only real objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Melbourne gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they are out of the way we will switch over to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
There will also be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our posts on Australia right here if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Melbourne
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in Melbourne:
- Virgin Active at 1/567 Collins St
- Virgin Active at 138 Bourke St
- Melbourne City Bath at 420 Swanston St
- Anytime Fitness at 367 Collins St
- Jetts 24 Hour Fitness at 616 Street Kilda Rd #G1
- F45 at 447 Temple Court LG, Little Collins St
- Hardrock Climbing at 4/8 Franklin St
Anytime Fitness and Jetts 24 Hour Fitness are a couple of good 24 hour gyms near you if their names didn’t give it away. You can swim laps in a pool at either Virgin Active or the City Bath.
For zumba or group aerobic dance classes head to both Virgin Active locations and City Bath. We want to warn you now, you will be hearing about those three a lot in this post because they provide many group fitness classes for their members.
Hardrock would have to get our vote for the best indoor rock climbing gym in the area. And any parents who need childcare while they work out can have it provided at the City Bath.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- Cycle Collective at 33 Waverley St, Richmond
- The Spin Room at 44 Sackville St, Collingwood
- Bodhi & Ride at 416/418 Bay St
Those indoor cycling studios are awesome places to get a sweat in. Some of the best Melbourne gyms also have group spinning classes like both Virgin Active locations and F45.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Fitness & Martial Arts Centre at 446 Collins St
- Legends MMA at 362 Little Collins St
- Absolute MMA at 136 Exhibition St
- Melbourne Fight Club at 9&10/367 Flinders St
- Fight Fit Boxing Centre at 29 White St
- Leo Berry’s Boxing at 7 Gleadell St, Richmond
- Power Play Boxing Gym at 66 Holmes St, Brunswick
- Extreme Mixed Martial Arts at 660 Warrigal Rd, Chadstone
- Elev8 MMA at 25 Kolora Rd, Heidelberg West
- Australian Combat Sports Academy at 325a Darebin Rd, Thornbury
Those with less lofty expectations for their fighting careers will probably be satisfied with the local boxing fitness classes at both Virgin Active locations and the City Bath.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Melbourne
There are certainly many options but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Happy Melon at 1252 High St, Armadale
- Warrior One Yoga at 1/461 New St, Brighton
- Rise Yoga at 1/232 Bridge Rd, Richmond
- Humming Puppy at 2/22 Cecil Place, Prahran
- Radiant Sol Yoga at 418 Bay St
- Melbourne Yoga & Pilates at 410 Lonsdale St
- The Yoga Place at 203 Victoria St
- Move Yoga at 1/335 Flinders Ln
Both Virgin Active locations and the City Bath have yoga and pilates classes as well. We told you they would be mentioned often.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above yoga and pilates studios in your area should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
The above studios are definitely a good choice. And not to beat a dead horse but you can also try the barre fitness classes at both Virgin Active locations and the City Bath.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Phillip Island
- Werribee Gorge State Park
- Labertouche Caves
- Yarra River
- St Kilda Beach
- Capital City Trail
- Dendy Street Beach
- Menton Beach
- Black Rock Beach
- Mordialloc Beach
- Yarra Bend Park
- Albert Park & Lake
- Organ Pipes National Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Melbourne
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these local sporting goods stores:
- Rebel Centrepoint at 283/297 Bourke St
- Auski Ski & Snowboard Store at 9-11 Hardware Ln
- City Sports & F1 at 116 Elizabeth St
- Badmintonclick Store at 123 Peel St
- Greg Chappell Cricket Centre at 43 Dudley St
- Adidas at 20 Convention Centre Pl
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- Gymbiz Fitness Equipment at 8/46-50 Buchanan Rd
- Evolution Fitness Equipment at 8/44-56 Hampstead Rd, Maidstone
- The Fitness Shop at 317 Pascoe Vale Rd, Essendon
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Fitness Classes at Sydney Gyms
- Fitness Classes at Adelaide Gyms
- Fitness Classes at Brisbane Gyms
- Fitness Classes at Perth Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Melbourne Gyms
You should feel ready to take on the world after thinking about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high.
It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Melbourne or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.