Hello and welcome to our guide to the best gyms in Brisbane that will cover everything you need to know about working out around the area. The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that.
Spinning and indoor cycling classes are all the rage these days, and the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city deserve a mention too. Once they are covered in full we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Brisbane.
Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will both be getting their own sections of our fitness guide as well. The top outdoor recreation areas can be a great way to get some sun while enjoying your workout so we will mention them also.
After all of that you will learn about sporting goods stores and home gym equipment in Brisbane. Those of you who travel a lot may also want to get some advice on where to work out in other cities around Australia.
Best Gyms In Brisbane
Let’s kick this off with our list of the best gyms in Brisbane for working out:
- Pure Health Club at Level 2 60 Queen St
- Snap Fitness 24/7 at 15 Adelaide St
- Anytime Fitness at 175 Eagle St
- Jetts Fortitude Valley 24 Hour Fitness at 356 St Pauls Terrace
- Hendra Healthworks at 135 Pring St, Hendra
- World Gym at 20/44 Station Rd, Yeerongpilly
- Crank Indoor Rock Climbing at 2/537 Kessels Rd, Macgregor
If you need a 24 hour gym in Brisbane you can go to Snap Fitness 24/7, Anytime Fitness, Jetts Fortitude Valley or World Gym. If you need childcare you can find it at Hendra Healthworks and World Gym also has childcare in the mornings.
You can find some really innovative classes at Pure Health Club, and Hendra Healthworks has great zumba classes. For an indoor rock climbing gym head to Crank.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Inspirecycle & Box at 76 Commercial Rd in Teneriffe is a great place to go for spinning classes. Hendra Healthworks and Snap Fitness are also good places to get an indoor cycling workout.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Brisbane West End Boxing Gym at 41 Vulture St, West End
- Integrated MMA at 2a/39 Hayward St, Stafford
- Corporate Box Gym at 6/497 Lutwyche Rd, Lutwyche
- Karma Muay Thai at 24 Thorne St, Wynnum
- The Fight Centre at 6/3485 Pacific Hwy, Slacks Creek
- Fightcross MMA at u5/10 Hudson Rd, Albion
- Sassom MMA at 3/32-36 Hampton St, East Brisbane
World Gym from the best gyms near you list and Inspirecycle also have boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Brisbane
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Brisbane like:
- Cultivate Calm Yoga at 963 Stanley St East
- Core Yoga Studios at Top Floor 5/72 Vulture St
- Stretch Yoga at Level 2, 129 Margaret St
- Flex Hot Yoga at 174 Bennetts Road, Norman Park
- Harlow Hot Pilates & Yoga at 4/5 Byres St, Newstead
- Raw Power Yoga at 97 Sandgate Rd, Albion
Hendra Healthworks has over 40 reformer pilates classes a week as well as yoga. Pure Health Club has both yoga and pilates classes, while Snap Fitness and World Gym have regular yoga classes. Brisbane Barre & Pilates Studio will also obviously specialize in pilates lessons as well.
Most of the above will offer lessons in popular poses like vinyasa, hot yoga, Bikram, and more. Click their links to try and find the right yoga studio near you to attend.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
Hendra Healthworks and World Gym from the Brisbane’s best gyms list also have workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
- Xtend Barre Stones Corner at 433 Logan Rd, Stones Corner
- Brisbane Barre & Pilates Studio at 14 Torrington St, Spring Hill
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Mt Maroon
- Mt Cordeaux
- Mt Barney
- Mt Mitchell
- Flinders Peak
- Mt May
- Lower Portals
- D’Aguilar National Park
- Springbrook National Park
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- Roma Street Parklands
- River Quay
- South Bank Parklands
- Enoggera Reservoir
- Noosa River
- The Binna Burra
- Girraween National Park
- Natural Arch
Kangaroo Point Cliffs is a great place to go rock climbing. Noosa River and the Brisbane River are both good for kayaking.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Brisbane
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Brisbane are:
- Rebel at 90-112 Queen St
- Kathmandu at 193 Albert St
- The Athlete’s Foot at 171-209 Queen St
- Lululemon Athletica at 104/171-209 Queen St
- Whack Sports at 29 Crosby Rd, Albion
- Hart Sport at 605 Zillmere Rd, Aspley
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Mr Treadmill at 126 Robinson Rd E, Geebung
- Elite Fitness Equipment at 1774 Sandgate Rd, Virginia
- Redfit Fitness Equipment at 3/20 Moreton Bay Rd, Capalaba
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Brisbane Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. Please use the comments to correct anything we may have gotten wrong or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Brisbane or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.