In this post we hope to fill you in on the best gyms in Spokane as well as everything we know about working out near you. Hopefully we can get you in and out as quick as possible.
To kick things off we will jump right in to the best gyms in Spokane. After they have been covered in full we will mention all the places you can go for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
We certainly can’t forget about the best local pilates and yoga studios. Plus we will discuss other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
The gym is cool but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can bike, hike, or get whatever kind of cardio you desire. Finally we will delve into stores to buy home gym equipment and sporting goods near you.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on cities around the Pacific Northwest that you can find at this link.
Best Gyms In Spokane
Here is our list of the best gyms in Spokane for working out:
- Spokane Fitness Center at 110 W Price Ave
- Muv Fitness Downtown at 809 W Main Ave
- Central YMCA at 930 N Monroe St
- North Park Athletic Club at 8121 N Division St
- Orangetheory Fitness South Hill at 2620 E 29th Ave
- Planet Fitness at 1617 W Nw Blvd
- Wild Walls Climbing Gym at 202 W 2nd Ave
- The Bloc Yard Bouldering Gym at 233 E. Lyons Ave
- Spokane Fitness Center at 14210 E Sprague Ave
- Muv Fitness East at 14927 E Sprague Ave
- Valley YMCA at 2421 N. Discovery Pl
- Planet Fitness Valley at 13112 E Sprague Ave
- Snap Fitness at 2726 1st St, Cheney
For local 24 hour gym access go to one of the Planet Fitness locations or Snap Fitness. If you need childcare while you work out the YMCA’s and North Park Athletic Club can provide it.
The YMCA’s and Spokane Fitness Centers have both a basketball court and pool if you need them. For group zumba or cardio dance classes head to Muv Fitness or the YMCA’s.
Wild Walls Climbing Gym, The Bloc Yard Bouldering Gym, and the Valley YMCA are all good places to go for indoor rock climbing.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area can be found at:
You can also get group indoor cycling and spinning classes in Spokane at Muv Fitness, the YMCA’s, and North Park Athletic Club.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Spokane are:
- Spokane Boxing Gym at 115 S Jefferson St
- Krav Maga Spokane at 116 E Augusta Ave
- Newborn Cascao Jiu Jitsu at 2015 N Division St
- The Legacy Boxing Club at 11811 E 1st Ave
- 9round at 13220 E Sprague Ave
- Spokane Valley Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 12926 E Indiana Ave
Muv Fitness and the YMCA’s also have cardio boxing classes in your area.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Spokane
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Spokane Yoga Shala at 731 South Garfield St
- Harmony Yoga at 1717 West 6th Ave
- Yarrow Hot Yoga & Wellness Studio at 412 W Boone Ave
- Beyoutiful Hot Yoga at 3017 S Grand Blvd C
- Precision Pilates at 215 W 2nd Ave
- Team Pilates at 521 E Holland Ave #60
The YMCA’s and Muv Fitness offer both yoga and pilates classes in Spokane, while you can also check out the yoga classes at Wild Walls Climbing Gym and North Park Athletic Club.
We don’t know if you prefer vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the above links and find the right match for your own personal needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps near you and some of the best are:
- Lilac City Fit Body Boot Camp at 230 W Boone Ave
- Spokane Fit Body Boot Camp at 321 W Hastings Rd #103
- West Spokane Valley Fit Body Boot Camp at 9119 E Broadway Ave
Muv Fitness, the YMCA’s, North Park Athletic Club and Snap Fitness also put on workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises in your area get more popular every day and in this town you can find them at:
- Pure Barre at 13910 E Indiana Ave #E
- The Bar Method at 2023 E 29th Ave
- Spokane Barre at 204 N Division St #303
Muv Fitness and Central YMCA also have group barre workout classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Now you know about the best gyms in Spokane, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Centennial Trail
- Mount Spokane State Park
- Dishman Hills Natural Area
- Spokane’s Manito Park
- Riverfront Park
- Spokane Falls
- Spokane River Centennial Trail
- Riverside State Park
- Spokane River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Spokane
When you need some new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Shred at 4505 N Division St
- Rambleraven Gear Trader at 3220 N Division St
- North 40 Outfitters at 8307 E Trent
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 6720 N Division St
- Rei at 1125 N Monroe St
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 7501 N Division St
- The Sports Creel at 12505 E Sprague Ave
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 14014 E Indiana Ave
Home Gym Equipment
The above list will probably also have some but you can also buy local home gym equipment at:
In case you might be interested we have also written posts about:
- Seattle Gyms, Yoga, & Boxing
- Tacoma Gyms, Yoga, & Boxing
- Portland Gyms, Yoga, & Boxing
- Vancouver Gyms, Yoga, & Boxing
Enjoy Working Out At Spokane Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists continue to be up to date.
We would love it if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Spokane or working out in whichever way you prefer.