Thanks for checking out this post on the best gyms in Boulder and everything you need to know about working out around the area. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about fitness in your area.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but they are only the tip of the iceberg. We will be discussing the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they are out of the way we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Boulder. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in our fitness guide.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best local gyms and this area of the country is just loaded with ways to enjoy outdoor recreation. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Boulder.
You can check out more of our posts on gyms in the Midwest at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Boulder
Here is our list of the best gyms in Boulder for working out:
- Colorado Athletic Club at 1821 30th St
- Rally Sport Health and Fitness Club at 2727 29th St
- Mapleton Y at 2850 Mapleton Ave
- 24 Hour Fitness at 2900 Iris Ave
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1850 29th St
- Town Strength at 3280 28th St Suite 4
- CrossFit Sanitas at 2525 Arapahoe Ave
- Iron Works Fitness at 4660 N. Broadway
- Boulder Rock Club at 2829 Mapleton Ave
- Anytime Fitness at 4800 Baseline Rd
- Crunch Fitness at 1850 30th St
The top four on our list of best gyms in Boulder have both pools and basketball courts. The ones below do not so if they are important to you then you know which to choose.
Boulder Rock Club is where you will want to go for indoor rock climbing. If the name didn’t fill you in on it 24 Hour Fitness is a great option for night owls or early risers who want 24 hour gym access.
Iron Works, Anytime Fitness, and Crunch Fitness are also open 24 hours a day.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Kondition located at 3161 Walnut St is a great place to enjoy spinning and indoor cycling classes to get your cardio in. Of course many of the best gyms in Boulder from the main list will also offer spinning.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best local boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Easton Training Center at 2005 32nd St
- 9round Fitness at 1655 28th St
- The Corner Boxing Club at 5500 Central Ave STE 115
- Front Range Boxing Academy at 3801 Pearl St
- Wolchek Academy of Martial Arts at 2750 Glenwood Dr #5
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Boulder
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Boulder like:
- The Little Yoga Studio at 2525 Arapahoe Ave
- Yoga Pod at 1890 30th St
- Bulldog Yoga at 900 Pearl St
- Yoga Loft at 633 S Broadway Unit N
- CorePower Yoga at 645 27th Way
- Bolder Pilates at 3012 Folsom St
- Boulder Bodyworks at 1301 Yellow Pine Ave Ste A
- Body Dynamics at 2760 29th St 1B
The Little Yoga Studio and Yoga Loft offer all levels of Vinyasa as well as other forms of yoga. Bulldog offers both slow flow and power flow.
Yoga Pod and Corepower are good places to find hot yoga in Boulder. If you want private lessons you can visit The Little Yoga Studio.
If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you. As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and a great one in this town can be found at Boulder Athletics at 3240 Pearl St. Orangetheory Fitness also offers workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
- Pure Barre at 1750 29th St #2026
- Define at 2408 Arapahoe Ave
- Barre3 at 2525 Arapahoe Ave Unit H-12A
- Upward Movement at 1810 30th St #C
Pure Barre Boulder offers four different classes for people with different skill and comfort levels. They focus on low impact high intensity workouts that will get your body in shape while doing minimal damage to joints and ligaments.
Define also has cycling and yoga classes on site. At Barre3 the instructors will monitor everyone to make adjustments throughout the class so everyone gets the workout that they need. Upward Movement offers a discounted trial package so that you can see what this Barre Gym has to offer before you commit to anything long term.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Chautauqua Park & Trailhead
- Ranger Cottage
- Bobolink Trail
- Boulder Reservoir
- Rocky Mountains National Park
- Valmont Bike Park
- Betasso Preserve
- Eldorado Canyon
- Bear Peak
- Boulder Falls
- Mt. Sanitas
- Boulder Creek Path
Of course you can go skiing, snowboarding, hiking, or do all kinds of other outdoor activities in this beautiful area of the country. Valmont Bike Park is a real standout when it comes to mountain biking.
Hiking up Mt. Sanitas is a great way to get a sweat in, and Boulder Creek Path is a great spot for a more casual hike or ride.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Boulder
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Boulder are:
- Colorado Multisport at 2480 Canyon Boulevard #M-2
- Neptune Mountaineering at 633 South Broadway
- Rocky Mountain Anglers at 1904 Arapahoe Ave
- Excel Sports at 2045 32nd St
- Crystal Ski Shop at 1933 28th St Ste 101
- Sports Garage at 2705 Spruce St Ste B
- Boulder Running Company at 2775 Pearl St
- Rei at 1789 28th St
- Play It Again Sports at 653 S Broadway St
Neptune Mountaineering is known to have a huge selection of climbing gear. Rocky Mountain Anglers not only sells everything you need to enjoy fly fishing in the area but they also provide fly fishing classes and even guided tours.
Sports Garage is a great place to visit if you need to buy a new mountain bike, and Play it Again Sports is where you can buy or sell new and used sporting goods.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Fitness Gallery at 1590 28th St Ste 200
- Colorado Home Fitness at 180 E Flatiron Crossing Dr #180a, Broomfield
Just so you know we have also covered gyms and working out in cities like:
If you were curious about what things are like in some other big cities in the region.
Enjoy Working Out At Boulder Gyms
At this point you have read about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and your confidence should be as high as it has ever been. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us about them in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Boulder or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.