In this post we will be covering the best gyms in Denver in full detail. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We think it is best to begin with the best Denver gyms since they are going to be why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite local boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on the Midwest if you are curious.
Best Gyms In Denver
Go to one of these best gyms in Denver to get a great workout:
- Denver Athletic Club at 1325 Glenarm Pl
- Central Park Rec Center at 9651 E. MLK Jr Blvd
- Downtown YMCA at 25 E 16th Ave B
- Life Time Cherry Creek at 500 S Cherry St
- The Rebel Workout at 324 S Broadway
- Denver Gym & Fitness at 300 E Alameda Ave
- Chuze Fitness at 2253 S Monaco Pkwy
- Mountain Strong Climbing & CrossFit at 5280 Broadway
- Vasa Fitness at 16921 E Quincy Ave, Aurora
- 24 Hour Fitness at 512 S Chambers Rd, Aurora
- Whitlock Rec Center at 1555 Dover St, Lakewood
- Gold Crown Field House at 150 S Harlan St, Lakewood
If you are hoping to find a 24 hour gym near you then head to Denver Athletic Club or 24 Hour Fitness. You should be able to swim laps in a pool or use the basketball courts at the top four on the above list.
You will find zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Central Park Rec Center, Downtown YMCA, Chuze Fitness, Vasa Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness. Parents who need childcare should be able to get it at Denver Athletic Club, Chuze Fitness and Vasa Fitness.
Mountain Strong Climbing & CrossFit is a great place for crossfit as well as being the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
These indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- Epic Ryde at 2823 Larimer St
- Cyclebar at 1230 W 38th Ave
- Shift Cycle + Fitness at 5096 Central Park Blvd
- High Ride Cycle at 1711 Sheridan Boulevard A, Edgewater
Those indoor cycling studios in your area are all really nice. Plus you can try the group spinning fitness classes at some of the best Denver gyms like Central Park Rec Center, Downtown YMCA, Life Time Cherry Creek, Chuze Fitness, Vasa Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Train Fight Win MMA at 921 W 9th Ave
- Wash Park Martial Arts at 1073 S Pearl St
- Edge MMA & Fitness at 5305 E Colfax Ave
- Easton Training Center at 1304 S Sante Fe Dr
- Denver Krav Maga at 5200 Broadway
- 9round at 310 E 17th Ave
We aren’t all after the belt and if cardio is all you care about the boxing and fighting classes at Central Park Rec Center, Life Time Cherry Creek, Denver Gym & Fitness, Chuze Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness can get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Denver
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Denver like:
- Kindness Yoga at 1947 S Broadway
- Samadhi Center for Yoga at 639 E 19th Ave
- CorePower Yoga at 1699 S Colorado Blvd #I
- The River at 1212 Delaware St
- One Yoga at 8101 E Belleview Ave #Z
- Denver Bikram Yoga at 2601 W Front View Cres Dr #100a
- The Freyja Project at 3456 Tejon St
- Personal Pilates Plus at 3537 W 44th Ave
- Fluid Fusion at 1641 California St #100-B
- Fierce45 at 1208 W 38th Ave
The Downtown YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness provide both yoga and pilates classes in your area. You might also want to know about the group yoga lessons at Central Park Rec Center, Life Time Cherry Creek, Chuze Fitness, and Vasa Fitness.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Blunt Force at 3993 Elati St is a good workout bootcamp if you want to get some added motivation. Some of the best gyms near you like Chuze Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness also put on bootcamps for their members.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
- The Barre Code at 2252 Larimer St
- Barre Forte at 1553 Platte St
- The Bar Method at 311 Steele St, 2nd Fl
- Barre3 at 2828 E 6th Ave
- Pure Barre at 201 University Blvd #107
Life Time Cherry Creek and Chuze Fitness are more places to try barre fitness classes outside of the above studios.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Colorado River
- Washington Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Confluence Park
- Buffalo Creek
- Denver Skatepark
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Red Rocks Park
- Cherry Creek Trail
- City Park
- Sloan Lake
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Denver
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Denver are:
- Wilderness Exchange Unlimited at 2401 15th St #100
- Feral at 3936 Tennyson St
- Sports Plus at 1055 South Gaylord St
- Evo at 860 Broadway
- Bass Pro Shop at 7970 Northfield Blvd
- Rei at 1416 Platte St
- Epic Mountain Gear at 2650 S Havana St, Aurora
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at1200 S Ironton St, Aurora
- Runners Roost at 7978 W Alameda Ave #A, Lakewood
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Gyms and Fitness Studios in Boulder
- Gyms and Fitness Studios in Colorado Springs
- Gyms and Fitness Studios in Vail, Aspen, & Breckenridge
- Gyms and Fitness Studios in Salt Lake City
Enjoy Working Out At Denver Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready whenever you are. You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Denver or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.