The best gyms in Tallahassee and everything you need to know about working out in your area are about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to break down just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Tallahassee. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Southeast there if you want.
Best Gyms In Tallahassee
Here is our list of the best gyms in Tallahassee for working out:
- Premier Health & Fitness Center at 3521 Maclay Blvd
- YouFit Health Club at 2432 N Monroe St
- Momentum Fitness Health Club at 2695-4 Capital Cir NE
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1321 Thomasville Rd #1
- Red Hills CrossFit at 3185 Capital Cir NE
- Fuel Fitness at 3840 N Monroe St #200
- Sweat Therapy Fitness Studio at 1122 Thomasville Rd
- Planet Fitness at 1925 N Monroe St
- Anytime Fitness at 1700 N Monroe St #1
- Alchemy Climbing at 2810 Sharer Rd
The Premier Health & Fitness Center has an indoor track, a basketball court the size of an NBA arena, and heated swimming pools for both adults and children. If you want to work out at unusual hours both Anytime Fitness and Planet Fitness provide 24-hour access to their facilities.
You can find indoor rock climbing walls at Alchemy Climbing. Try Premier Health & Fitness Center, YouFit Health Club, or Fuel Fitness for zumba classes. And if you’re looking for aerobic dance classes, check out YouFit Health Club or Momentum Fitness.
The Premier Health & Fitness Center offers childcare while you work out.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any dedicated indoor cycling studios but some of the spots in our best gyms list offer group spinning classes including Premier Health & Fitness Center, YouFit Health Club, and Fuel Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Train. Fight. Win. at 2523 Apalachee Pkwy
- Weinischke Martial Arts at 2711 Killarney Way
- 9Round Kickboxing Fitness at 1817 Thomasville Rd #620
- Moy Yat Ving Tsun Kung Fu at 670 Industrial Dr
- Zicro Academy / Alliance at 615 Universal Dr
- Positive Balance at 111 S Magnolia Dr #38
Other places that also have boxing classes are Sweat Therapy Fitness Studio and The Glo.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Tallahassee
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Tallahassee like:
- Journeys In Yoga at 111 Magnolia Dr
- Rising Om Yoga at 1950 Thomasville Rd
- Yoga Power Tallahassee at 2030 Thomasville Rd #5
- Core Aspirations Pilates at 111 S Magnolia Dr #8
Outside of those studios you can also try the local group yoga classes at Premier Health & Fitness Center, YouFit Health Club, Momentum Fitness, Fuel Fitness, Sweat Therapy Fitness Studio, and Train. Fight. Win.
More options for pilates classes in your area include Premier Health & Fitness Center, YouFit Health Club, and Momentum Fitness. If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you.
As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Burn Boot Camp at 6800 Thomasville Rd #13
- Boot Camp Fitness & Training at 2815-2 Industrial Plaza Dr
Fuel Fitness is another place for a workout bootcamp experience near you.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
- Pure Barre at 3425 Thomasville Rd #8
- The Glo at 3427 Bannerman Rd #105
- The Refinery Barre Fitness Studios at 1894 Thomasville Rd
We have also linked you to Premier Health & Fitness Center, YouFit Health Club, Momentum Fitness, and Sweat Therapy Fitness Studio all of which offer barre classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Lafayette Heritage Trail
- Tom Brown Park
- Phipps Park
- San Luis Mission Park
- J.R. Alford Greenway
- Miccosukee Greenwats Trail
- Munson Hills Trail
- Ravine and Lake Trail Loop
- Lake Overstreet Trail at Maclay Garden
- Oak Hammock Loop Trail
- Saint Marks Trail
- Tallahassee-St.Marks Historic Railroad State Trail
- Cascades Park
- Lake Ella at Fred Drake Park
- Wakulla Springs Park
- Lake Jackson
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Tallahassee
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Tallahassee are:
- B & B Sporting Goods at 1139 E Tennessee St #1
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 3122-9 Mahan Dr
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1729 Apalachee Pkwy
- Play It Again Sports at 3183 Capital Cir NE
- Bass Pro Shops at 4059 Lagniappe Way
- Kevin’s Guns and Sporting Goods at 3350 Capital Cir NE
- David’s World Cycle at 2784 Capital Cir NE
- Trail and Ski at 2743 Capital Cir NE #103
Play It Again Sports is a good place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods in your area.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at many of those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at Fitness Pro at 2695-1 Capital Circle NE. Dick’s Sporting Goods and Play It Again Sports are other places where you can buy home gym or fitness equipment.
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Tallahassee Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Tallahassee or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.