The best gyms in Phoenix will be covered in full detail on this page. In fact the whole local fitness scene for the metro area including Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, and Glendale will be discussed to the best of our abilities.
We will get the ball rolling with the best Phoenix gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in town will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular every day and will get a shout out.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on the Southwest if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Phoenix
Here is our list of the best gyms in Phoenix for working out:
- EōS Fitness at 1 E Washington St #250
- Ability 360 Sports & Fitness Center at 5031 E Washington St
- Lincoln YMCA at 350 N 1st Ave
- Camelback Village Racquet & Health Club at 4444 E Camelback Rd
- The Phoenix Gym at 2505 E Indian School Rd A
- Anytime Fitness at 3135 E Indian School Rd
- Mountainside Fitness at 8929 E Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale
- Independence Gym at 2980 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale
- Kiwanis Recreation Center at 6111 S All America Way, Tempe
EōS and Anytime Fitness are a couple of high quality 24 hour gyms near you. Ability 360 Sports & Fitness Center, Camelback Village Health Club. and the Lincoln YMCA will have a pool for swimming laps and basketball court.
There are zumba or aerobic dance classes at EōS Fitness, Ability 360, and Mountainside Fitness. If you would like to try an indoor rock climbing wall go to the Phoenix Gym.
The Lincoln YMCA and Camelback Village Health Club can provide childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- Cyclebar at 2470 W Happy Valley Rd #1189
- The Madison at 9719 N Hayden Rd #C, Scottsdale
- Cyclebar at 2855 W Ray Rd #9, Chandler
Those indoor cycling studios are a good way to enjoy your cardio. Plus some of the best Phoenix gyms like EōS Fitness, Ability 360, Camelback Village Health Club, and Mountainside Fitness have group spinning classes too.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Pro Edge Boxing, MMA & Jiujitsu at 1524 E Pierson St
- UFC Gym Ahwatukee at 3830 E Ray Rd
- Title Boxing Club at 5037 E Ray Rd.
- Arizona Combat Sports at 525 S McClintock Dr #103
- The MMA Lab at 2710 W Bell Rd #1150
- Strong Heart Academy at 3130 E Union Hills Dr #106
- IronGloves Boxing at 1425 E University Dr #B109, Tempe
Or if you just want to get a sweat in you can do the cardio boxing classes at Ability 360, The Phoenix Gym, and the Kiwanis Recreation Center.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Phoenix
You won’t be lacking for options but in our opinion the best Phoenix yoga and pilates studios would be:
- The Foundry at 13637 N Tatum Blvd #12
- Reformed Pilates at 5555 N 7th St #104
- Urban Yoga at 1 E Lexington Ave
- The Biltmore Studio at 2107 E Camelback Rd #A-18
- Metta Yoga at 4041 E Thomas Rd #106
- Radi8 Hot Yoga at 3950 E Indian School Rd #110
- CorePower Yoga at 5539 N 7th St #116
You can also try the yoga and pilates classes in your area at Camelback Village Health Club and Mountainside Fitness. More group yoga lessons go down at EōS Fitness, Ability 360 the Kiwanis Recreation Center, and The Madison from the yoga list
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- Spark CrossFit at 5444 E Washington St #3
- Camp Tranformation Center at 4926 E Mcdowell Rd #102
- Tempe Fit Body Boot Camp at 7450 S Priest Dr #3
Some of the best gyms near you like EōS Fitness and Ability 360 have workout bootcamps for their members as well.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
Those studios are cool and you can find more barre fitness classes in your area at Mountainside Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Peralta Trail
- Desert Classic Trail
- Bartlett Dam
- Canyon Lake
- Mcdowell Mountain Regional Park
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park
- Dreamy Draw Recreation Area
- Tempe Beach Park & Town Lake
- Camelback Mountain & Echo Canyon
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Phoenix
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Phoenix sporting goods stores:
- Runner’s Den at 6505 N 16th St
- Sun Cyclery at 5833 N 7th St
- Ski Pro at 2110 E Camelback Rd
- Arizona Hiking Shack at 3244 E Thomas Rd
- C & S Sporting Goods at 7822 N 12th St
- Lululemon Athletica at 2502 E Camelback Rd #133
- Ross Outdoors at 407 S 17th Ave
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 3560 E Thomas Rd
- Play it Again Sports at 3143 E Greenway Rd
- Between The Lines at 13802 N Scottsdale Rd #127, Scottsdale
- Sole Sports Running Zone at 1006 E Warner Rd #104, Tempe
Play it Again Sports is a great place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment In Your Area
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
Just so you know we have also written local fitness guides for:
Enjoy Working Out At Phoenix Gyms
There shouldn’t be anything to hold you back now that you have read about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Phoenix or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.