In this post we want to discuss the best gyms in Rochester as well as everything we know about working out near you. We know your time is valuable so we will get you in and out as quick as we can.
To get things going we will dive right in to the best gyms in Rochester. Once they are out of the way we will mention the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best pilates and yoga studios near you either. As the post goes on we will cover other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
We all may love going to the gym but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To end things the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will be listed.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on cities around the Northeast that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Rochester
When it is time to work out the best gyms in are:
- Harro East Athletic Club at 400 Andrews St
- JCC of Greater Rochester at 1200 Edgewood Ave
- Westside Family YMCA at 920 Elmgrove Rd
- Carlson Metro Center YMCA at 444 E Main St
- Knockout Fitness at 675 Atlantic Ave
- World Gym at 1717 East Ave
- Orangetheory Fitness at 3340 Monroe Ave
- Roc Ventures at 1044 University Ave #4
- Red Barn Climbing Gym at Andrews Memorial Dr
- Planet Fitness at 1850 East Ridge Rd, Irondequoit
- Push Fitness Center at 1135 Fairport Rd, Fairport
Anyone trying to find a 24 hour gym near you can head to Push Fitness Center. Those who would like both a pool and basketball court can use them at the top five places on the list.
Roc Ventures and Red Barn are two of the top indoor climbing gyms in your area. For group zumba and cardio dance classes you can head to the YMCA’s or Push Fitness Center.
Any parents reading this can get childcare while they work out at the JCC, Westside Family YMCA, Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, and Push Fitness Center.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Compass Cycle + Flow at 543 Atlantic Ave #3 would get the nod for top indoor cycling studio near you. There are also more group spinning classes at Harro East, the JCC and World Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit local boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Roc Boxing & Fitness at 524 Atlantic Ave
- Empire Academy of Combat Sports at 1150 University Ave #5
- Samurai Martial Arts at 1512 Spencerport Rd
- Bedroc MMA at 140 Railroad St
- Synthesis Brazilian JiuJitsu at 107 Norris Dr #D
- Title Boxing Club at 3240 Monroe Ave #300, Pittsford
For more cardio boxing classes try some of these spots from our initial best Rochester gyms list: Harro East, Westside Family YMCA, Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, and World Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Rochester
We know many of you will be interested in these yoga or pilates studios in Rochester:
- Tru Yoga at 696 South Ave
- YogaVibe at 80 Rockwood Place
- Breathe Yoga & Juice Bar at 34 Celebration Dr
- Pele Yoga at 1 Woodbury Blvd
- M/Body at 1048 University Ave
- Nu Movement at 716 University Ave
- Evolution Pilates at 50 State St, Pittsford
- Balance Webster at 1150 Crosspointe Ln #1, Webster
Harro East and the JCC have both group yoga and pilates classes in your area. You can try more yoga classes at the YMCA’s and Roc Ventures.
With all of the different types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more we really don’t know what you are after. For that reason you should look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for you.
One of these local workout bootcamps may give you that extra little push to take this more seriously:
- Burn Boot Camp at 3300 Monroe Ave #109
- Power Train at 435 W Commercial St, East Rochester
- Webster Fit Body Boot Camp at 1682 Empire Blvd #100, Webster
The YMCA’s also do bootcamps.
Pure Barre at 3349 Monroe Ave #27B would be the top dedicated barre exercise studio in your area. You can also find more group barre classes at the YMCA’s.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best gyms in Rochester, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Highland Park
- Cobbs Hill Park
- Ontario Beach Park
- Genesee Riverway Trail
- Durand Eastman Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Rochester
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Rochester are:
- Locker Room Sports at 2184 W Ridge Rd
- Medved Running & Walking Outfitters at 3400 Monroe Ave
- Full Moon Vista Bike & Sport at 1239 University Ave
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 1200 Miracle Mile Dr
- Bay Creek Paddling Center at 1099 Empire Blvd
- Fleet Feet at 155 Culver Rd Ste 110
- Lululemon Athletica at 2924 Monroe Ave
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 304 Greece Ridge Center Dr
- Rei at 450 E Henrietta Rd
- West Marine at 1850 Ridge Rd E, Irondequoit
- Villa at 2255 East Ridge Rd, Unit #3, Irondequoit
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 20 Cobblestone Court Dr, Victor
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Fitness & Working Out in Buffalo
- Fitness & Working Out in Toronto
- Fitness & Working Out in Syracuse
- Fitness & Working Out in Albany
Enjoy Working Out At Rochester Gyms
At this point you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be wonderful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Rochester or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.