Thanks for checking out this guide to the best gyms in Calgary that will try cover everything you need to know about working out near you. Within a few short minutes we hope you will have a much better understanding of your fitness options around the region.
The best gyms in Calgary will be where we begin, but after that we still will have a lot to cover. We will dive into the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best local boxing and MMA gyms you will find.
After all of that we will still need to discuss the best pilates and yoga studios in your area. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will need to get a quick shout out as well.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed. And for those who are still around after all of that is out of the way we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Calgary.
You can look through more of our posts on the best gyms around Canada there.
Best Gyms In Calgary
When you are ready to work out head to one of these best gyms in Calgary:
- Repsol Sport Centre at 2225 Macleod Trail SE
- Bob Bahan Aquatic & Fitness Centre at 4812 14 Ave SE
- World Gym at 10655 Southport Rd SW #B1
- CrushCamp Fitness Studio at 313 17 Ave SW
- GoodLife Fitness at 50-3915 51 Street SW
- Anytime Fitness at 1222 1 St SW
- Climbing Centre Hanger at 588 Aero Dr NE #106
- Bolder Climbing Community at 5508 1 St SE #5
Anytime Fitness is the one you should choose if you need a 24 hour gym in Calgary. Those of you who would like a pool and basketball court can find both at Repsol Sport Centre.
Zumba or aerobic dance classes can be taken at Repsol Sport Centre and World Gym. The YMCA has childcare at the gym but you need to let them know ahead of time.
Bolder Climbing Community and Hanger Climbing Centre are your best options for an indoor climbing gym and Hanger also has free weights and cardio
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area can be found at:
- Peloton Cycling at 1053 10 St SW #109
- Core Spin Club at 755 Lake Bonavista Dr SE
- Yyc Cycle at 1117 Kensington Rd NW
- Stax Cycle Club at 17 Inglewood Park SE
Repsol Sport Centre and GoodLife Fitness from our initial best Calgary gyms list also offer group spinning or indoor cycling classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to enjoy your cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Calgary would be:
- Undrcard Boxing Studio at 349 10th Ave SW
- Rumble Boxing Studio at 720 17 Ave SW
- Olympus Boxing Club at 4122 6 St NE
- Southpaw Boxing Gym at 6624 Centre St S
- Impact Boxing & Fitness at 435 10 Ave SE
- Grizzly Cage Boxing Club at 820 28 St NE Bay 9
- Dunamis at 515D 36 Ave NE
Most of those are boxing gyms but Dunamis is an all around MMA gym. Repsol Sport Centre also puts on local boxing bootcamps.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Calgary
When you want to find a good yoga or pilates studios near you there are some options and some of our favorites are:
- Yoga Santosha at 1800 4 Street SW #320
- Metta Yoga at 500 Country Hills Blvd NE #412
- Breathe Hot Yoga at 321 12445 Lake Fraser Drive SE
- The Yoga Shala at 1511-19th St NW
- Passage Studios at 524 11 Ave SW
- Junction 9 Yoga & Pilates at 919 9 Ave SE
- Hot Yoga On Crowfoot & Spin at 88 Crowfoot Terrace NW
Repsol also offers both, while you can find group yoga classes in your area at World Gym, GoodLife Fitness or CrushCamp. There are so many varieties like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the links to those local yoga and pilates studios and find the right one for your needs.
Workout bootcamps can give you that edge that we all need at times and the Fit Body Boot Camp at 100 Auburn Meadows Dr SE #620 comes highly recommended. Repsol Sport Centre from our initial best gyms near you list does a few types of bootcamps and World Gym also has them.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find some good studios like:
- Barre Body Studio at 1202 20 Ave SE
- Barre Belle at 1812 4 St SW #103
- Barre West at 7337 Macleod Trail #420
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Calgary are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Calgary Olympic Park
- Elbow River
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Sulphur Mountain
- Calaway Park
- Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Nose Hill
- Riley Park
- Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
- Mount Norquay
- Kananaskis Country
- Barrier Lake
- Banff National Park
- Dinosaur Provincial Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Calgary
These Calgary sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Adrenalin Source For Sports at 9309 Macleod Trail SW
- 2nd Chance Sports at 2010 Edmonton Trail
- Sporting Life at 3625 Shaganappi Trail NW
- Gord’s Running Store at 919 Centre St N
- MEC at 830 10 Ave SW
- Campers Village at 7208 MacLeod Trail SE
- Sport Chek at 11626 Sarcee Trail NW #D7
- Cabela’s at 851 64th Avenue NE
- Running Room Canada at 200 Barclay Parade SW
- Play It Again Sports at 270 Stewart Green SW
Those who want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods can do so at Play It Again Sports.
Home Gym Equipment
You will be able to buy some home gym equipment in your area at the above sporting goods stores, but you can also find more at:
By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms, Spinning, & Yoga in Edmonton
- Gyms, Spinning, & Yoga in Vancouver
- Gyms, Spinning, & Yoga in Winnipeg
- Gyms, Spinning, & Yoga in Boise
Enjoy Working Out At Calgary Gyms
Now that you have learned about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you why aren’t you already on your way to work out? We will be back throughout the year to update this page so that these lists stay current.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments to fill us in. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Calgary or working out in whichever way you prefer.